1. The aim of the All Ranks Communications and Electronics (C & E) Branch Fund Constitution is to provide a structure for the administration of C & E Branch Fund.
2. The objectives of the All Ranks Communications and Electronics Branch Fund (hereafter referred to as the Branch Fund) are to provide support to/for:
a. C & E Branch Members. A portion of the C & E Branch Fund can be used, upon request, to provide financial support to serving and non-serving members of the C & E Branch to help relieve distress or promote the wellbeing of individuals who qualify for assistance. Annex A to this constitution provides the details on the intent of this part of the Branch Fund, administrative procedures in order to submit a request for assistance as well as the criteria that must exist in order to qualify for the assistance.
b. C & E Branch Promotional Activities. Activities related to promoting Branch identity, cohesiveness, goodwill, morale and belonging such as but not limited to:
1. supporting Branch activities by assisting in defraying costs of Branch functions; and
2. supporting Unit activities by assisting in defraying costs of special Unit functions.
c. C & E Branch Branch Identity Awards. Awards related to promoting Branch identity, cohesiveness, goodwill, morale and belonging such as but not limited to:
1. sponsoring trophies or other awards in recognition of Branch associated sports events; and
2. sponsoring exceptional Branch related initiatives
d. C & E Branch Personal Awards. Awards enhancing professional excellence and learning within the Branch such as but not limited to:
1. sponsoring of awards for essays selected for the publication in the C & E Newsletter and other publications;
2. sponsoring of awards in recognition of academic achievement of Branch members; and
3. sponsoring the Branch Education Bursary
e. C & E Branch Amenities. The promotion of Branch identity, cohesiveness, goodwill, morale and a sense of belonging that provide comfort and/or convenience such as but not limited to:
1. providing amenities to Branch members and/or their families when recovering from injury or illness; and
2. providing appropriate remembrance to the family on the occasion of the death of a serving Branch member.
f. C & E Branch Memorabilia. Memorabilia promoting the Branch such as but not limited to:
2. pins, stickers, pocket note pads, etc;
3. pictures of the Branch Executive.
g. Personal Recognition. Recognition of Branch members such as but not limited to:
1. Branch Retirement Certificates upon honourable release; and
2. Appropriate remembrance on the occasion of the death of non-serving Branch member.
3. The All Ranks Communications and Electronics Branch Fund is established under the provision of CFAO 27-8 and the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Branch Advisor and the Chairman of Board of Directors of the Military C & E Museum foundation. The Branch Fund is administered by the C & E Branch Advisor through the C & E Branch Committee which will be located in the C & E Branch Secretariat.
4. The Branch Fund will be administered by the C & E Branch Committee and will be composed of at least the following members but not limited to:
a. Chairperson appointment by the Branch Advisor (normally the Branch CWO);
b. Treasurer appointed by the Branch Advisor (normally the Branch Secretariat); and
c. Secretary appointed by the Branch Fund Chairperson (normally the Branch Chief Clerk).
5. If the Branch Fund Committee workload is such that the Branch Fund Committee requires assistance in fulfilling their terms of reference, the Chairperson or the Branch Advisor can appoint additional members to the Branch Fund Committee. Terms of Reference for the Branch Fund Committee are listed at Annex B to this Constitution.
6. The membership is voluntary and open to all active or retired Regular Force of Primary Reserve Forces members of the C & E Branch and in accordance with the MOU listed at Annex C to this Constitution. Members will receive a membership card and a Branch Coin.
7. The revenue is provided by members through the C & E Museum Foundation in accordance to the MOU listed at the Annex C to this Constitution.
Guidelines for Branch Fund Request
8. All requests for Branch financial support will include at least the following information:
a. Unit and OPI;
b. What is being requested (i.e. amount, flags, trophies, award, etc) and for what purpose (i.e. name of person or event) (no longer than one sentence);
c. Date of event;
d. How does the request met the Branch Fund Objectives (no longer than one paragraph);
e. Amount of personnel benefiting from request; and
f. Confirmation from the OPI that the request is endorsed by the unit CO or the Unit RSM/SSM.
Guideline for Disbursement of Funds
9. The following is a guideline for the maximum amount of disbursement of funds that can be authorized by the Branch Fund Committee:
a. Unit activity – Maximum of $200 depending on the amount of personnel benefiting from the request;
b. Awards promoting Branch identity – Maximum of $100 dollars;
c. Awards enhancing professional excellence as follows:
1. Branch Education Bursary – Maximum of $1000;
2. Clement Writing Award – Maximum of $650; and
3. Others awards in recognition of academic achievement of Branch members – Maximum of $250.
d. Amenities – Maximum of $100; and
e. Financial assistance for distressed members – Based on requirement and as funding permits.
10. Branch Fund Committee can requests additional funds, if deemed appropriate, from the Branch Advisory Committee. Funds will be normally disbursed prior to the event.
C & E Branch Advisor
Annex A – Financial Assistance for Distressed Members
Annex B – Terms of Reference for the Branch Fund Committee
Annex C – Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Branch Advisor and the Chairman of Board of Directors of the Military
C & E Museum foundation.