(Exercise NOBLE SKYWAVE 2016 REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED – Updated 25 1900Z Oct 16)
Welcome to EXERCISE NOBLE SKYWAVE 2016 (Ex NS 16) resource page. On behalf of the Communications and Electronics Branch (C&E Branch), 8 Air Communication and Control Squadron (8 ACCS), and the Canadian Forces School of Communications and Electronics (CFSCE) thank-you for your interest.
Ex NS 16 will afford your team the opportunity to sharpen their HF skills on a global stage. With global satellite coverage still an issue, this year’s added challenge includes data. Units with HF QRT or data capability are encourage to dust them off and show the world what you can do.
For your reference, below you will find Ex NS 16 documentation.
- Ex NS 16 – Exercise Instructions last updated 3 August 2016;
- Ex NS 16 – Annex A Registration Form Registration is now closed, we are no longer able to accept submissions for participation;
- Ex NS 16 – Annex B CEOIs Updated 20 Oct 16;
- Ex NS 16 – Annex B Appendix 1 Communication Card Updated 25 Oct 16;
- Ex NS 16 – Annex B Appendix 2 Teams and Communication Schedules Updated 25 Oct 16;
- EX NS 16 – CAF Call for Participation;
- Ex NS 16 – Call for International Participation;
- Ex NS 16 – Demande de participation; and
- Ex NS 16 – Overview Presentation.
EXERCISE NOBLE SKYWAVE 2016 – Coordinating Instructions
Much like a Net Control Station (NCS), this page will act as our digital nucleus to coordinate the competition. There are some key timings in order to afford an appropriate amount coordination
- 18 October 2016 – CEOIs released;
- 14 2100Z October 2016 – Deadline for registration: Registration is now closed;
- 20 1800Z October 2016 – Final participant, call-sign, and location list published;
- 24 1300Z October 2016 – Optional Communications Checks begin;
- 26 1000Z October 2016 to 26 1400Z October 2016 – Establishing the Net – SSB;
- 26 1400Z October 2016 – ALE Capability;
- 27 0000Z October 2016 – SSB-Only Capability;
- 27 0000Z October 2016 to 27 1200Z October 2016 – Free Play;
- 27 1200Z October 2016 to 27 1700Z October 2016 – SSB Target;
- 27 1800Z October 2016 – END EX, the winning team will be announced via HF and email; and
- 04 November 2016 – AAR points submitted to the Branch Adjutant.
EXERCISE NOBLE SKYWAVE 2016 – Signals
The following contacts are enclosed for your ease of reference. All questions regarding conduct and enrollment shall go through the Exercise Coordinator (OIC). If the question is technical or regarding spectrum management, please contact the CCO.
- Officer In Charge (OIC) / Exercise Coordinator, Captain Natasha Dargan, 8 ACCS, 001 613-392-2811 extension 2816, firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Chief Communications Operator (CCO). Master Warrant Officer Andre Denommee, CFSCE, +1 613-541-5010 extension 3849, email@example.com;
- NEW!!! Once Ex NS 16 officially commences please use firstname.lastname@example.org IOT communicate with the NCS and for questions/concerns; and
- NEW!!! Ex NS 16 Hotline: 613-447-9128.
- NEW!!! Ex Ns 16 CHAT ROOM: https://webchat.freenode.net/ Ex NS 16 Chat Room Login SOP
EXERCISE NOBLE SKYWAVE 2016 – CEOIs
EXERCISE NOBLE SKYWAVE 16 – Participant List and Team Schedule
Please review each tab for participant and scheduling information.
EXERCISE NOBLE SKYWAVE 16 – Team Distribution
The following graphic illustrate the Global distribution of Ex NS 16 teams.
The following graphic illustrate the North American distribution of Ex NS 16 teams.
EXERCISE NOBLE SKYWAVE 16- Scoring
Congratulations to the wining teams:
Team 62 with 59 pts;
Team 32 with 35 pts; and
Team 49 with 30 pts.
Team 25 with 51 pts;
Team 11 with 41 pts; and
Team 13 with 40pts
The final scores for Ex NS 16 are posted here – Ex NS 16 – Score Card
EXERCISE NOBLE SKYWAVE 15- Scoring
As directed by the Ex NS 15 CEOIs, points were based on the correlation of logs between each of the call signs. Congratulations on the top two teams QGET 1 in the ALE category and QGET 3 in the SSB category. The final scores are posted here: Ex NOBLE SKYWAVE 15 Points Tally – Revised 27 Oct 15