May 23, 2017

Passing – Charmaine Theresa Tappin

TAPPIN, Charmaine Theresa – Passed away peacefully at Kingston General Hospital in her 74th year, on Friday, May 19th, 2017. Predeceased by her parents Garnet and Germaine Andrews, and her Sister Cheryl Froats. Survived by her loving and devoted husband Percy of 52 years, sons Deryk (Ai Ming) and Timothy (Debbie), grandsons Nathan and Nolan, and her sister Charline. Charmaine was a graduate of Peterborough Teachers College and taught primary grades in the Catholic School system at Kingston and Ottawa. In retirement she volunteered her time to numerous agencies and charities. She was a champion of children and often focused her volunteer time at schools where extra help was needed with language skills. Visitation will be held at JAMES REID FUNERAL HOME , 1900 John Counter Boulevard on Wednesday, May 24th, 2017 from 7pm to 9pm and on Thursday, May 25th, 2017 from 10:00am to 10:50am in the Fireside Room at Providence Manor Nursing Home, 275 Sydenham Street Kingston. Funeral Mass will be at OUR MOTHER OF SORROWS CHAPEL (Providence Manor) on Thursday, May 25th, 2017 at 11:00am. Reception to follow in the McKinley Room. Cremation has taken place and a private family interment will be held at St. Mary’s Cemetery. The family wishes to express their most sincere appreciation to the nursing staff on Kidd 6 and Kidd 7 at KGH and to Charmaine’s extended family, (staff and residents), at Providence Manor for their loving care and support. In lieu of flowers, the family would be grateful for donations in Charmaine’s memory to the Huntington’s Society of Canada, the Cancer Society or Providence Manor.

0 Comments on “Passing – Charmaine Theresa Tappin

Anonymous
May 23, 2017 at 8:44 AM

Percy,
Please accept my sincerest condolences on the loss of your wife and partner for these many years.

David Hart

Serge Viel LCol (Ret'd)
May 23, 2017 at 10:49 AM

Sincere condolences to you and your family.

Serge Viel

Colonel (retired) Chris Weicker
May 23, 2017 at 5:27 PM

Percy, I am so sorry to hear of the passing of Charmaine. She was such a kind and loving woman. The first time I served under you was in the late 1970’s in Lahr with the 4 CMBG HQ and Sig Sqn. I was a young single officer at the time. At the annual Christmas party at the Black Forest Officers’ Mess I bought a ticket for a draw. To my surprise I won the main prize, wine and a turkey for dinner. Now what? Without a hesitation, Charmaine said she would cook the turkey for me and invited me over for Christmas dinner! When we served together in the early 1980’s in the Sig Regt, I had got married and had two children. Again, it was Charmaine who made sure my wife was comfortable with her new role as an officer’s wife and provide encouragement and friendship.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to come to her funeral as we are presently in China but rest assured you are both in our thoughts and prayers.

Col (retired) Chris Weicker

Serge Mazerolle
May 23, 2017 at 5:29 PM

Sir. My most sincerely condolences to you and your family.
Serge Mazerolle

Anonymous
May 25, 2017 at 8:36 AM

Percy, so sorry to hear of Charmaine’s passing, my sincere condolences. I have many fond memories of conversations with both of you during our time as Regimental Colonel and RSM.
Lyle Read

michaelhconway
May 25, 2017 at 10:38 AM

My sincere condolences to you and your family, Sir.