July 5, 2016

VCDS' Departure Gift

VCDS - LGen Thibault and COS(IM) - MGen Loos posing as Jimmy

VCDS – LGen Thibault and COS(IM) – MGen Loos posing as Jimmy

On 29 June 2016, lots of events took place at CFB Kingston. It was the CoC for 21 EW Regiment, it was the Commander-in-Chief Commendation Medallions ceremony at the Museum and it also was the CoA of the CFSCE School Chief. It was after all of these that we made our way to the Vimy Officer Mess – our beloved Home station – to officially Mug out the VCDS from the Mess. Little did he know what surprise awaited him on the patio. The members of the Branch got together and gave VCDS a bronze statue of “Jimmy” that stands at 5’6″ plus pedestal for his home garden. It was the first time that I saw LGen Thibault without words and it was great to see that our surprise gift worked. Seen above are VCDS – LGen Thibault and COS(IM) – MGen Loos posing as Jimmy. More pictures to come shortly from that day events!

0 Comments on “VCDS' Departure Gift

MWO (Retired) TR Murphy, MMM, CD
July 5, 2016 at 7:17 AM

We are loosing the best of the best, you are a great soldier and a great officer, not to often you can find both of those two qualities in one person. Thank you for serving and for your leadership. From a lineman 052

Pep Fraser
July 5, 2016 at 7:28 AM

General Guy;
You make us all proud of you, but also of our Branch!
A career exceptionally well served!
Thanks from all of us!
Pep Fraser
BGen (Ret’d) R.P. Fraser OMM, CD

Charly and Brian McDonnell
July 5, 2016 at 8:55 AM

A true example of an officer and a gentleman. Charly and I have been honoured to know and serve with you.

CWO(ret) JH Gelina
July 5, 2016 at 9:52 AM

Serving with you in 79 Comm Regt was one of the more interesting and rewarding periods in my career. I wish you all the best in your retirement. From another 052 . Chico Gelina sends VVV.

Anonymous
July 6, 2016 at 7:50 AM

General Thibault, It has been a pleasure and honour for both Miriam and I to know you and especially for me to serve under you. The icing on the cake was when you presided over my 40th anniversary as an Honorary Colonel, that amongst the many other events I had with you presiding. You are the perfect epitome of what an officer and gentleman should be and we will be hard pressed to find anyone who can come close to who you are. We both wish you well and hope you enjoy whatever your retirement plans for both your wife and you have.

Miriam and David Hart

CWO(ret) Doug Anderson
July 10, 2016 at 5:38 PM

I had the pleasure of serving with you when you were a young Lieutenant with the SSF and enjoyed watching your progress through the ranks over the years. Well done General “Guy” and enjoy your retirement. My wife often mentioned the “magazines” we loaned you!