Six veterans of The Royal Canadian Corps of Signals have been nominated to be part of the official delegation for the 70th Anniversary of the Liberation of the Netherlands in May 2015.
- Ralph Hillgartner, Hamilton, Wireless Operator, 2nd Canadian Armoured Brigade;
- Allan Stapleton, Toronto, Radio Operator RCCS;
- Basil Brosso, Gananoque, 1st Canadian Corps Signals RCME HQ Field Workshop;
- Hugh Patterson, Caledonia, Dispatch Rider, 2nd Canadian Infantry Division Signals;
- Donald Smithers, London, Radio Operator, RCCS; and
- Dwayne Kelsey, Kingston, Dispatch Rider, 1st Canadian Division Signals & Artillery.
If not selected to the official delegation, all veterans wishing and able to attend will be provided travel assistance. Veterans’ Affairs will notify us shortly who will represent the C&E Branch and RCCS. Watch this space! CMCEN Heritage page will start a series of articles telling the stories of these and other veterans. We shall honour their legacy! VVV